Friday, December 5, 2008

So this is Christmas.

This is the first year I have put my foot down and said, "No, I will not be celebrating Christmas.". I'm not trying to be a Scrooge so no "bah humbug" from me but I just don't see the point of celebrating a holiday that is supposed to be about the birth of Jesus when I don't believe in Jesus the same way a Christian would. Yes yes, I know, Christmas has become quite commercialized so I should still go with the flow and celebrate it, right? Wrong. Our society has become much too greedy for our own good and our current economy shows this. We have people living wayyy beyond their means and every Christmas just puts more and more of us in the hole trying to one up the other person in our gift giving. I'm not saying we're all like this but if you look around, there are a lot of people trying to keep up with the Jones' and look what's happening? We're losing our homes, we're past our eyeballs in credit card debt, our cars are being repossessed and the idea of claiming bankruptcy has lost the stigma that it once had. Christmas shouldn't be about who can spend more money than the other person. That's just my opinion and since this is my blog, I'm going to feel free to share it. Now I'm going to share some popular Christmas song titles, with my own twist. Enjoy!

Did you ever think that Rudolph was the red-nosed reindeer because he had a bit too much egg nog and not just around the holidays?
Here comes Santa Claus...Okay kiddies, if you're over the age of 12, we need to talk.
Have yourself a merry little Christmas...key word "YOURself"
Grandma got run over by a reindeer...is this really the message we want to send?
God rest ye merry, gentlemen...please just go away.
Go tell it on the mountain...or anywhere but here.
Hark! The herald angels sing...enough with the singing!
All I want for Christmas is...peace and quiet.
I don't want to deck the halls or jingle bells and I definitely don't want to see mommy kissing Santa Claus. I will not be rockin' around the Christmas tree. I just want a silent night and a silent day for that matter. This is most definitely not the most wonderful time of the year.

Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling pretty much the same myself, however, I have agreed to celebrate and decorate some for my partner, who is an eternal kid at heart. So I'm working on keeping my sense of humor alive and well.

Dracenea said...

So since I'm new to this whole blog thing, I didn't know you responded to comments on your own blog. Strange. I responded to Riverwolf on his blog using one of his posts. Now I know better and shall respond correctly in the future. : )