Wednesday, February 25, 2009

May I have this dance?

I stumbled upon Tom Lehrer's "The Masochism Tango" awhile back and loved it right away. It surprised me that a song with this theme came out in the 50's. When I looked into who Tom Lehrer was, I got another surprise. Among other things, he earned his BA as a mathematician when he graduated Harvard at the age of 18! He received his MA the following year and went on to teach at MIT, Harvard, and Wellesley. Music was a big part of his life starting at the age of seven when he began to play the piano. This guy has to be a literal genius. He's talented, smart, and funny. I found a version of The Masochism Tango that included The Addams Family and thought they went wonderfully together. Let's dance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember this! And loved it--very hot!