Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Frustration and anticipation.

Two weeks ago I quit my job. I've got a little financial cushion and figured I'd get some little part-time job to cover some of my bills until I can sell my home. Well so far, the job hunt is not going well. I live in one of the states that has been hardest hit by these economic times but thought I could find some crap job somewhere. I really don't need to start panicking until the end of May but so far, it's not looking good.

Last Friday I called up the realtor that sold the home I'm currently in and left her a voicemail saying that I wanted to meet with her to discuss selling. I got a call from her assistant saying that she was out of town and would return my call on Wednesday (tomorrow). That was fine with me because I still had stuff to do around here before I wanted her to come over for an evaluation of the home.

I've done a total spring cleaning of the house, which included standing on a chair on my tippy toes to get to 5 year old dust. Achoo! I have a cathedral ceiling in the living room and I don't think the previous owner ever dusted it so when I finally got up there, the dust literally fell apart it was so old. Yuck. I actually wore a shower cap so I wouldn't get it in my hair. I looked hot! ha ha

I painted scuff marks that the previous owner left on the walls, filled in some dings in the wood window frames, cleaned windows, and bought a new shower curtain liner. I think I'm finally done. Now I don't want to touch anything. : )

I'm really antsy to have the realtor come tomorrow. I wonder what she'll say? Ideally my home would be sold by the end of this month so that I can move down south. The next best thing would be to have my home sold by the end of May. If it's not and I haven't found a job here, I'll be in panic mode.

If my dream does come true and I can sell by the end of this month, then I have a whole new set of obstacles. I'll need to get rid of 90% of my belongings and find a job and a place to live in another state. Wish me luck cuz' I'm going to need it!

At this point, I just want to be done with it and carried away like the piece that Alexander Jansson created titled Nocturnal Mysteries shown below.

4 comments:

Eve Noir said...

Sounds like you've done a lot of work. Good for you. I hope everything works out with the realtor...and that you're able to sell your home by the end of May. Oh, I know all too well about panic mode. Hope it doesn't happen to ya.
Take care & keep us up to date.
Night~Eve

Eve Noir said...

Ooo, you're reading the Graveyard Book. How is it? I heard it won a really great award recently...don't ask me what it was though!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for cleaning so thoroughly! Well, as far as real estate goes, every market is different, but I'm afraid the overall truth right now is don't get too excited. From what my partner tells me, houses typically sell based on how they compare to others in the neighborhood and price. If you really want to sell fast, price it as low as you can. And then pray, sacrifice a chicken and whatever else you might need to do! Because nothing's guaranteed. I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I don't have much hope that you'll sell it by end of April or May, because of the current economy. But I hope I'm wrong! Hopefully, your realtor is a good one and will be honest with you about how to sell it as fast as possible. That's certainly in HER best interest, too.

Hang in there!

Dracenea said...

Eve - The Graveyard Book won a Newbery. It's a great read! I've only got one chapter left. This is the first book I've read by Neil Gaiman so I'm not sure if his writing style is always like this book...it's a little different. I'll definitely be reading another one of his. He's got a great imagination!

Riverwolf - I'm not getting my hopes up. There have been sales going on around here recently and I'm not looking to make any money on this deal so hopefully someone will come grab it. The realtor I chose has been doing this since 94' and she's had a pretty good success rate even in these hard times. I'll be posting an update to the housing/job situation shortly. Thanks for the note!