Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bicarbonate Ostylezene Benzoate

What is bicarbonate ostylezene benzoate? It's actually a "who" not a "what". It's B.O.B. for short and he's a character in a movie that comes out soon call Monsters vs. Aliens. I hadn't heard anything about this movie until I was at Blockbuster the other day and saw this adorable cyclops stuffed creature that I had to have. I haven't bought a stuffed animal/creature in years but he was just too unique to pass up.

After I adopted B.O.B., I went home that night and had to read up on his character and the movie. Apparently he was created when a genetically altered tomato crossed with a chemically altered ranch-flavored dessert topping. Hmm. He's indestructible, has an insatiable appetite, and no brain. He says what he thinks because he has absolutely no filter, which can be a good thing. It sounds like he saves the day in the movie. Go B.O.B.! Stephen Colbert is the voice of the president and he's got at least one funny line, "Boys, set the terror level at code brown. Cause I need to change my pants." hee hee I'm so mature. See the trailer here:



I happen to think B.O.B. is cuter as the stuffed version so here's my recently adopted fellow.


And here he is with Vampire Kitini enjoying some sunshine. Yes, Vampire Kitini can withstand sunlight. He's just that powerful.

4 comments:

Eve Noir said...

He looks green in the sunlight! ;} OMG, you haven't bought a stuffed doll in THAT long-girl, you don't even want to know what's in my house! B.O.B. is so cute & I think I'll like his character in the film a lot too from what you wrote about him (love that he doesn't have a filter, ha ha). Stephen Colbert? Mike will def want to see this then.

BTW: Keep on adopting...even though it can become very addicting. ^_^

Dracenea said...

Yeah, the sunlight added a yellowish tint and blue and yellow make green so Shazam! ha ha

The last stuffed animal I bought was in 2001!! I'm definitely hooked again though. I need to drag out my other creatures sometime.

You know that one co-worker who was teasing me about buying him? Well today she said that she was getting rid of some of her kids toys this weekend and that she'd bring them in for me. She was teasing me again. I get teased for being 28 and buying a stuffed animal but she's in her mid-30's with two kids and a hubby and she went on a bender last night and got trashed at home with her kids there. Who's more mature? : )

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of B.O.B. with Vampire Kitini!

Dracenea said...

Vampire Kitini said that he was glad you appreciated his photogenic self. He's aspiring to be a model one day. hee hee