Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wish List

When it comes to big purchases (car, house, furniture, etc.), I tend to be impulsive but I can hesitate on a small purchase for a long time. Makes no sense, I know. I have a small wish list of things that I would like to buy someday. One of the things on that list is the Angel DVD set. Don't get me wrong, I like Buffy but I liked Angel much better. Maybe it's because of David Boreanaz? He is quite delicious.


So what was I saying? : ) Oh yeah, DVD set. So the original price for all five seasons was around $150. Not a huge investment but not small either so it went on the wish list. Lo and behold I found it recently for $100 plus free shipping and handling!! Plus it comes in a cool box where the DVD set I saw before just came in separate cases for each season. This was too good to pass up so as we speak, someone is getting my Angel box ready to ship to me. I can't wait!

10 comments:

Eve Noir said...

That is a cool box. I've never seen Angel or Buffy so I don't know much about either. I wanted to get 6 Feet Under for a while...it's around $200, but comes in a sweet box for the entire series. Been waiting for it to drop in price 4-eva but no luck yet. Have fun when you receive your DVD set!!!

Dracenea said...

I've seen every episode of Six Feet Under...great show! I don't think it comes in a cool box but here it is for $100.

http://www.amazon.com/Six-Feet-Under-Complete-Seasons/dp/B000EBGF4U/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1237062150&sr=8-24

Laura said...

I love that show. I have several seasons on DVD, but not the whole set. I'm hoping to finish it off soon. I also love Buffy!

Blessings
~*~

Eve Noir said...

It does. Here it is.

http://www.amazon.com/Six-Feet-Under-Complete-Gift/dp/B000HEVZBW/ref=pd_cp_d_0?pf_rd_p=413864101&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000EBGF4U&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=195DPMKVF4YJDR411R8W

Dracenea said...

Laura - Hulu has a bunch of Buffy episodes. While I'm waiting for Angel, I'm going to be watching those. It's been awhile and I should probably refresh my memory. : )

Eve - No, I meant the set that I sent you for $100 probably doesn't come with a box. You can get it with a box for $80 more. : )

Eve Noir said...

Oh, o.k.-understood. But that's a cool box...but yeah for almost $100 cheaper, maybe i'd just get the separate sets. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

I didn't like "Angel" as much as "Buffy" for reasons unknown, but I still watched Angel just to see David B. *sigh*

Dracenea said...

I've been catching up on Buffy via Hulu and she does have a certain charm about her. I'm remembering how cute Xander is and how sweet and innocent Willow is. Ah...add Giles and Cordelia and it feels like home again. : )

Gaia Windwalker said...

I have the complete set and I have about $34 in it. PAWN SHOPS! People are letting go of great deals. Most pawn shops get about three dollars for a DVD. I have about $4 in the complete set og Buffy. Trash Pile I passed on the way to my sons house. I had to stop. It was loaded with junk and that was when I found the prize.

Dracenea said...

Greetings, Gaia! Thanks for stopping by. Wow, those are some great deals!