Monday, March 30, 2009

Who left when you arrived?

I was making my blog rounds today and Creepy Cupcakes had a cool post that I had to steal. : ) Click on the image below to be brought to a Web site where you enter your date of birth. It tells you who else died on your birthday (various years) and if there were any natural disasters that occurred in your birth year.

138,685 People

Natural disasters in 1980
1. Grand Island, Nebraska tornado outbreak
2. Kalamazoo tornado (K-zoo is an hour away from where I was born. I didn't even know about this until now!)
3. "More Trees Down" derecho (wind storm)
4. eruption of Mount St. Helens
5. United States heat wave
6. western Wisconsin derecho

Tons of people died on my b-day in various years but the only names I recognized were:

1999: Shel Silverstein - American poet & composer
1994: John Wayne Gacy - American serial killer (executed)
1977: Joan Crawford - American actress
1863: Stonewall Jackson - American Confederate general
1818: Paul Revere - American patriot
1774: King Louis XV of France

People who died in 1980:
John Lennon - Shot to death by a mentally ill fan. For those who grew up under a rock, he was in The Beatles. : )
John Bonham - Choked to death on his own vomit after consuming a large amount of alcohol. He was the drummer for Led Zeppelin.

I'm going to making another "death" post sometime this week. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Diane said...

omg you are a youngin' too!

you two, and the fact that my b-day is coming up, are making me feel super old today!

hopefully though i'll just continue to grow old and not end up like john bonham!

Dracenea said...

Well I don't know how old you are but from your pic, I would guess you're between 27 and 30. You look fabulous dahling!

OMG can you even imagine choking to death on your own vomit? My stomach is churning just thinking of it. Bleh!

I see that we're both Taurus' so rock on, fellow bull!

Eve Noir said...

OOO, very cool. I'll have to try it. Great find!

Carrie Mae said...

Diane, you are young and lovely. :)

Also ... vomit-choking. Not the most rock-star fabulous way to go out.

Bleeding Heart said...

This is so cool! I need to do this! Love it.

Suburban Vampire said...

A morbidly fascinating find! My own birthday has become associated with a day of death and terror in recent American history, so I almost dread to see what the site has to say about it.